Monday, June 18, 2018
Target is now hiring for the Essex Crossing locationat Site 5 (store address is 400 Grand)
Apply online now. Select the position Team Member and the location 10002, New York, NY. When choosing store locations, select 400 Grand Street.
Target will conduct interviews at Essex Crossing so be sure to apply online now to be considered for these interview dates.
To better prepare for these positions and other retail jobs as they come on line, we strongly encourage you to enroll with our community workforce partner, the Lower East Side Employment Network (LESEN). For more information on LESEN partner organization programs and services, please click here.
Monday, March 26, 2018
Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Discussed upcoming Mid-Term/Regents exam week
- Winter break Friday 2/16 thru Friday 2/23
- Alumni Day at LOMA: students shared their school experience, race population, admission application process, financial aid filing, personal essay and available scholarships. There is a Seward Park Alumni Association, which contributes towards college scholarships.
- Please note the less money you have the more opportunities for funding.
- Announced LOMA Events: Valentine’s Day Party on Tuesday, 2/13/18
- Miguel spoke about upcoming Comic Con event on Saturday, 2/24 and Sunday 2/25
- Discussed opportunity for students to be entrepreneur’s and sell items by reserving a table and presenting items:
- Event will be informative and have fun demonstrations of animation, Cosplay contest with cash prizes
- $60 for reserving a table at the event includes both days
- There will be raffles and free give away items, live music, photography, speakers
- All are students invited
- Group discussed participating for next year and should involve Student Government and Art department
- Parents discussed concern, students feeling burned out and not having a fun school experience; it is understandable since they need to prepare for upcoming exams.
- Open House: lacked attendance for new students, organization, and preparation overall, not a good turnout.
- Next year LOMA will no longer be a limited unscreened school
- Auditorium will be open to community access
- Discussed upcoming Parent Teacher Conference January 4, 2018
- Emphasized the importance of Pupil path Access to check student grades, homework, exams and attendance
- Explained the permanent marking period grades vs the semester grades on student transcript and their importance
- Announced LOMA Events and upcoming Regents
- Mrs. Cordero stressed the importance of students arriving on time for Regents week and no cell phones allowed. She also mentioned gym clothes supplies so there is no excuse for students not being prepared
- Teri spoke about skill assessment to help determine areas of interest and select prospective schools
- The importance of participating in extra-curricular activities: Student Council, Sports teams and Community Service
- College Prep, essay writing, campus visits and College fairs
- Earning College credits at participating CUNY Schools
- Financial aid: FAFSA, TAP, Pell, Excelsior Scholarship, College Now
- The importance of grades and SAT scores and Teacher referrals
- SAT Prep opportunities at LOMA and Edgies
- Discussed the possibilities of having PA meetings via conference call dial in, webinar, GoTo meeting as a means for more parent participation
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Apply Now for Exciting Animal Care Internship this Spring Break!
Current high school students in grades 10-12 can apply for an exciting animal care internship at the Genovesi Environmental Study Center (GESC). Do you appreciate and respect animals? Do you want to learn how to take care of them? The Animal Care Intern will work with GESC staff to feed, clean, and enrich our animals and their homes. GESC is looking for students who are excited about working closely with animals, can multitask efficiently, and are enthusiastic about learning.
Prospective interns are required to interview for their position at GESC. We are located at 7151 Avenue T, Brooklyn, NY 11234. Interviews will be approximately 30 minutes long between the hours of 8:00am-2:00pm on February 20, 21, or 22, 2018
Application deadline is Tuesday, February 9. Click here to apply. Don’t miss out, apply now!