Meeting started 6:15pm
Principal Introduction/Announcements and discussion:
- Discussed upcoming Mid-Term/Regents exam week
- Winter break Friday 2/16 thru Friday 2/23
- Alumni Day at LOMA: students shared their school experience, race population, admission application process, financial aid filing, personal essay and available scholarships. There is a Seward Park Alumni Association, which contributes towards college scholarships.
- Please note the less money you have the more opportunities for funding.
- Announced LOMA Events: Valentine’s Day Party on Tuesday, 2/13/18
Fanfaire Presentation: Miguel of Fanfaire
- Miguel spoke about upcoming Comic Con event on Saturday, 2/24 and Sunday 2/25
- Discussed opportunity for students to be entrepreneur’s and sell items by reserving a table and presenting items:
- Event will be informative and have fun demonstrations of animation, Cosplay contest with cash prizes
- $60 for reserving a table at the event includes both days
- There will be raffles and free give away items, live music, photography, speakers
- All are students invited
- Group discussed participating for next year and should involve Student Government and Art department
Parent Open discussion:
- Parents discussed concern, students feeling burned out and not having a fun school experience; it is understandable since they need to prepare for upcoming exams.
- Open House: lacked attendance for new students, organization, and preparation overall, not a good turnout.
- Next year LOMA will no longer be a limited unscreened school
- Auditorium will be open to community access
Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm
Respectfully submitted by Noralie Nunez-Recording Secretary